Join this important piece in Portland history of artists banding together to fight back against HIV.
Over 30 years ago Portland artists, seeing the devastation in their community, united to fight back against the spread of HIV. They auctioned their art to raise funds to support CAP’s mission to support and empower all people with or affected by HIV, reduce stigma, and provide the LGBTQ+ community with compassionate healthcare. Since then the event has grown and evolved but their vision endures.
Please join us for Cascade AIDS Project’s Annual Art Auction.
- Please complete one copy of the Procurement Form. To decrease the possibility of errors, please complete the form online at https://www.tfaforms.com/4655939
- Only one submission may be made per artist or donor. Please note that artwork must be original; giclées, reproduction posters, and other reproduction items can not be accepted.
- All artwork must be framed and ready to hang with correct wiring or hanging apparatus.
- Art pieces submitted generally are no larger than 48” x 48” and weigh no more than 50 pounds. Please contact CAP at firstname.lastname@example.org if your piece exceeds this size or weight.
- Additional Questions? Contact Jeremy James Cochran, 503-278-3854, email@example.com
IMPORTANT DATES & DROP-OFF LOCATION
- Wednesday, March 7, 2018: Gallery Drop Off. If you are a gallery-represented artist and your gallery is allowing us to pick up from their location, let us do the work for you! Drop off your artwork to your gallery by 5:00 pm. Art Work Fine Art Services will pick-up your piece.
- Saturday & Sunday, March 10&11, 2018: 10am-3pm, ALL artists may drop off artwork at: 2010 SE 8th Ave. Portland, OR.
- Friday, March 30, 2018: All artists notified about juried decisions.
- Thursday April 12, 2018: 5:30 – 7:30pm, Artist Reception with Live Auction Art Preview
- Saturday, April 28, 2018: CAP Art Auction at Montgomery Park.
CURATOR & SELECTION COMMITTEE
Curator Grace Kook-Anderson will choose no more than 18 live auction and 175 silent auction pieces from among the donated art. This year, our selection committee includes: Amy Caplan of Caplan Art Designs, Prudence Roberts of the Helzer Gallery, Kurt Beadell, Art Collector, Melissa Soltesz of Upfor Gallery, and Jessica Nickel, Curator 2017 CAP Art Auction.
We appreciate your donation, and we want you to know that with funds raised from the Art Auction, CAP continues to offer essential services while also being rated one of the ten most admired nonprofits in Oregon. CAP’s accomplishments last year include:
- Provided 3,233 HIV Tests and distributed over 242,456 condoms.
- $1.91 million in housing assistance went directly to 1,564 households.
- 2,297 individuals affected by HIV/AIDS received support services.